"Comprehensive and a must read."
—Dr. Patricia Mitchell, University of San Francisco
Meeting the Ethical Challenges of Leadership: Casting Light or Shadow, Third Edition identifies the unique ethical demands of leadership and then equips readers to meet these challenges. This new edition retains the elements of the text that have contributed to its success while broadening its appeal. Written in an informal, accessible style, author Craig E. Johnson takes an interdisciplinary approach to leadership ethics while blending research and theory with practical application. This unique text promotes ethical decision-making and action through skill development, self-assessment, and application exercises
New to the Third Edition
- Presents Focus on Follower boxes that broaden coverage of the text and introduce concepts students can apply to their role as followers
- Provides a new reference section at the end of the book that serves as a starting point for further research and exploration
- Includes a new chapter on ethical influence
- Expands coverage to reflect the growing interest in leadership ethics, incorporating new topics, theory, and research findings
- Updates cases retained from previous editions and includes new cases that cover such topics as the tenure of Hewlett Packard's CEO Carly Fiorina and scandals involving stock options and student loans
- Features new films in the "Leadership Ethics at the Movies" cases
Accompanied by High-Quality Ancillaries!
Instructors Resources on CD include teaching strategies, a test bank, sample syllabi, assignment descriptions, and more. Qualified instructors may request a copy by contacting Customer Care at 1-800-818-SAGE (7243) from 6 am – 5 pm, PST.
Looking at the leader's inner life, including character development and values, this student-friendly book is designed as a core text for undergraduate and graduate courses in Leadership and Ethics in a variety of fields of including business and management, communication, psychology, and education.
Looking for other titles for your Leadership courses? SAGE has published over 500 books on Leadership, and we've developed a web page to help you find just the right one for your class. Click here to browse our selection.