« SebelumnyaLanjutkan »
And in the Second Session of the Third Parliament,
BEGUN AND HOLDEN AT QUEBEC ON THE TENTH DAY OF NOVEMBER, AND CLOSED BY PROROGATION
THE HONORABLE LUC .LETELLIER DE ST. JUST;
ANNO DOMINI 1878.
An act for granting to Her Majesty certain sums of
money required for defraying certain expenses of the civil government, for the financial years ending on the 30th June 1877, and the 30th June 1878, and for other purposes connected with the public service.
[Assented to 28th December, 1876.] Most GRACIOUS SOVEREIGN,
WHEREAS it appears by messages from the Hono- Preamblo rable ANTOINE AIMÉ DORION, late administrator of the government of the province of Quebec, and from the Honorable LUC LETELLIER DE ST. JUST, lieutenantgovernor of this Province, and the estimates accompanying the same, that the sums hereinafter mentioned are required to defray certain expenses of the government of this Province, not otherwise provided for, for the financial years ending on the 30th June 1877, and the 30th June 1878, and for other purposes connected with the public service; may it therefore please Your Majesty, that it may be enacted, and be it enacted by the Queen's Most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislature of Quebec, that:
1. From and out of the consolidated revenue fund of $116,489.38 this province, there shall and may be applied a sum not for the year exceeding in the whole one hundred and sixteen thou
ending on the
30th June sand four hundred and eighty-nine dollars and thirty-eight 1877. cents, for defraying the several charges and expenses of the civil government and public service of this pro vince, for the current financial year, ending on the 30t) June 1877, as set forth in schedule A: to this act.
2. From and out of the consolidated revenue fund of for the fiscal year 1877-78. this province, there shall and may be applied a sum not
exceeding in the whole one million, nine hundred and seventy thousand, one hundred and fifty-eight dollars, for defraying the several charges and expenses of the civil government and public service of this province, for the financial year ending on the 30th June, 1878, as set forth in schedule B, to this act.
Condition of appropriations.
3. Every payment or application of moneys appropriated by this act, shall be held to be made provisionally and subject to all rightful adjustment in account hereafter, in respect of the Dominion and of the Province of Ontario, and of special funds which this act may in any manner affect.
Account to be 4. Accounts in detail of all moneys expended under rendered to
the authority of this act, shall be laid before both houses both houses.
of the legislature of this province, at the then next session thereof.
Sums to be
5. The application of all sums expended under the auaccounted for to Her thority of this act, shall also be accounted for to Her Majesty. Majesty
Act into force
6. This act shall come into force on the day of the sanction thereof,
SCHEDULES. SCHEDULE A.,
Sums granted to Her Majesty, by the present act, to defray the
expenses for the financial year ending 30th June 1877, with indication of the purposes for which they are granted.
Rents, insurances, repairs, &c., of public buildings gene
Gaol for Females, Montreal, to complete
longing to the fiscal year ended 30th June, 1876, as per
39,389 38 1,200 00