« SebelumnyaLanjutkan »
SESSION OF 1889.90
4. (1) When any sum
or sums shall be Certificates of sum, borrowed as aforesaid, the chairman, church borrowed, how and warden and senior member of the said ves
by whom given, try in vestry assembled, shall give to the persons, bodies politic or corporate from whom any sum or sums may be borrowed, certificates showing the amount borrowed, and the names of the persons (with their proper additions) bodies politic or corporate from whom borrowed, with the rate of interest thereon, and appointing the dates and the place of payinent, which dates and place of payment are to be at the Parochial Treasurer's Office in the said parish six months next after the dates of such certificates.
(2.) Such certificates shall not altogether Number, and exceed thirty, and shall be numbered and amount of each of
such certificates. dated, and no certificate shall be issued for less than the sum of one hundred pounds.
(3) The certificate shall be made in the Form of certifi. words or to the effect in schedule A to this cate, Act. 5. (1) An entry or memorial of every
Entry of partic. such certificate containing the number and ulars of certificates
to be mado. date thereof, and the names of the persons (with their proper additions) bodies politic or corporate to whom the same shall have been made, and of the sum borrowed, together with the rate of interest to be paid thereon, and the date on which the sum mentioned in the said certificate is appointed to be paid, shall within fourteen days after the date thereof be entered in a book to be kept for that purpose by the Parochial Treasurer of the said parish, which book may
be perused at all convenient hours of the day by any person interested in any certificate
LAWS OF BARBADOS
upon payment of a fee of sixpence to the
Parochial Treasurer. Power of transfer (2) All persons bodies politic or corporate
to whom any such certificate shall have been issued as aforesaid, or who shall become entitled to the money due thereon, may from time to time transfer their respective rights and interests therein to any other person
bodies politic or corporate. Form of transfer.
(3) Any transfer thereof shall be in the words or to the effect in schedule B to this
Act, and must be attested by two witnesses. Transfer to be
(4) Every such transfer shall be produced produced to Paro- to the Parochial Treasurer of the said parish chial Treasurer.
who shall cause an entry or memorial to be made thereof in the same manner as of the original certificate, for which entry or me morial the Parochial Treasurer shall be paid
a fee of two shillings and sixpence. After entry there (5) After such entry made, every transfer of assignee entitled shall entitle such assignee or his executors to full benefit of administrators and assigns to the full benefit certificate.
of the certificate and payment thereof, and it shall not be in the power of any person bodies politic or corporate who shall have made such transfer, to make void, release or discharge the transfer, or any sum of money then due or owing thereon or thereby secur
ed, or any part thereof. Transfer not valid (6) No transfer of any certificate issued until noted, under the authority of this Act, shall be of
any force or validity until the same shall have been duly noted in the book to be kept for
that purpose by the said Parochial Treasurer Payment of inter
6. On the day or respective days appointed est and of princi. in the certificates for the payment of the pal. moneys and interest named therein,
the vestry of the said parish shall on demand
SESSION OF 1889-'90.
pay, through the Parochial Treasurer of the said parish at his office, to the holders of the respective certificates the several amounts named therein respectively together with all interest due thereon to such day or days.
7. From and after the day appointed in Interest on certifieach certificate for the payment of the cates when to coase. money named therein, all interest shall cease and determine in respect of the money named in such certificate, and that notwithstanding that payment of the money named in such certificate shall not have been made through not having been demanded.
8. Every ificate shall together with Delivery of certithe transfers thereof (if any,) at the time of ficates to be cancel.
led. the payment of the money named in such certificate together with all interest thereon as aforesaid, be delivered up to the said vestry and shall forthwith be cancelled or destroyed by them ; provided always that if any certificate or transfer shall have been destroyed, lost or mislaid, the vestry shall still pay the sum named in such certificate and the interest thereon, to the person, bodies politic or corporate whom they may consider entitled to the same respectively, upon being satisfied (at the cost of such person, bodies politic or corporate) that such certificate has been destroyed or cannot be found, and upon receiving such sufficient guarantee of indemnity as they may think fit to require, or as they may by their counsel in the law be advised to require.
9. The said vestry are hereby authorised Interest and costs and required to lay a rate at the same time and expenses of this that the ordinary rates for the current paro- &ct to be defrayed chial year are laid in the said parish for the by a rate. purpose of meeting the interest on the mo
LAWS OF BARBADOS
ney hereby authorised to be borrowed and the costs and expenses of preparing, obtaining and passing this Act ; and also for de fraying all expenses incurred by them from time to time in carrying out the provisions of this Act.
10. All acts matters and things authorised Majority of Ves- or necessary to be done or executed by the try may execute said vestry under this Act may be done this Act.
and executed by the majority of the members of the said vestry in vestry assembled.
Loan Act, 1890.
WE, the Chairman, Churchwarden, and senior member of the vestry of the parish of Saint Michael in vestry assembled, do with the authority of the said vestry, hereby certify that the said vestry have under the provisions of the said Act borrowed from
of the sum of
pounds which sum has been paid to the said vestry, and is to carry interest from this date at the rate of
per centum per annum, and the said sum with the interest thereon is to be repaid at the Parochial Treasurer's Office in the said parish on the 189 Given under our hands this day of
SESSION OF 1889-'90.
The Saint Michael's Parish Rating and
Loan Act, 1890.
of hereby transfer a certificate dated the
1890, and numbered made by the vestry of the parish of Saint Michael under the provisions of the said Act for securing the sum of pounds and interest thereon, and the money thereby secured, and all my right and interest in and to the same, to
his executors administrators and assigns, for value of him received. Dated this
CAP. XXI. (Assented to 18th April 1890.) BARBADOS.
An Act to amend the law relating to the giv
ing of alarms of fire. E it enacted by the Governor, Council
and Assembly of this Island, and by the authority of the same, as follows ; 1. Any person who gives an alarm of fire
Penalty on give to any police officer or member of the Fire ing knowingly a Brigade, knowing the same to be false, shall false alarm of fire. on conviction before a police Magistrate be liable to a penalty not exceeding five pounds.
2. Any penalty under this Act may be How and by recovered in a summary manner by the whom recoverable. Superintendent of the Fire Brigade.