« SebelumnyaLanjutkan »
SESSION OF 1889-'90.
duty imposed on the Assistant Harbour Master shall be exempt from all liability in respect of the non performance thereof.
5. The Harbour Master shall, (subject however and without prejudice to section three of this Act) supervise and direct the swinging of the swing bridge, and the removal of all vessels into or from the inner basin of the careenage.
drive piles and erect a bathing house
Mare, in the Parish of Christ Church.
has presented a petition to the Leg. islature of this Island, stating that he is the owner of a place, called Super Mare, in the parish of Christ Church in this Island, bounding (amongst other boundaries) on the seashore, and that he desires to drive piles and erect a bathing house in the sea opposite his said place; and praying that he his heirs and assigns may have legislative protection in the use and enjoyment of the said bathing house, and the exclusive right and benefit thereof; And Whereas it is deemed expedient to grant che prayer of the said petition ; Be it therefore enacted by the Governor, Council, and Assembly of this Island, and by the authority of the same, as follows;
1. The said Thomas Peterkin his heirs T. Peterkin au.
LAWS OF BARBADOS
thorized to erect a and assigns may drive piles and erect a bathing house on bathing house in the sea opposite his place opposite his place called Super Mare, in the parish of Christ called Super Mare Church in this Island, and may from time to for his sole benefit. time repair, alter or remove the said bathing
house; and the said bathing house, so to be erected and built, shall be to and for the sole use and benefit of the said Thomas Peterkin his heirs and assigns forever.
(Assented to 8th March 1890.) BARBADOS. An Act to amend the law relating to perjury.
E it enacted by the Governor, Council,
the authority of the same, as follows; Short title. 1. This Act may be cited as "The Prose
cution of Perjury Act, 1889." The Chief Justice
2. It shall and may be lawful for the and other Judges, Chief Justice or the Judge of the Court Magistrates &c. au- of Escheat or for the Judges of the Assisthorized to direct tant Court of Appeal, or for any Judge of any person appear. ing guilty of perju- any Petty Debt Court or for any Police Nagry in any evidence istrate, or for the Provost Marshal when&c. to be prosecuted ever any writ of enquiry, or writ of trial and to commit the from the Court of Common Pleas shall party unless he en- be executed before him, in case it shall Apter into a recognizance to appear and pear to him or them that any person has take his trial and to been guilty of wilful and corrupt perjury bind persons to in any evidence given, or in any affidavit, pro cute or give deposition, examination, answer, or other evidence,
proceeding made or taken before him or them to direct such person to be prosecuted for such perjury in case there shall appear to him or them a reasonable cause for such prosecution, and to commit such person, so
directed to be prosecuted, until the next
Persons commit. of wilful and corrupt perjury, (provided ting perjury or subthe case has not been dealt with under the ornation of perjury preceding section) or of subornation of may be summarily
convicted and pun. perjury, shall on conviction thereof before
ished. à Police Magistrate be liable to be imprisoned with or without hard labour for any term not exceeding six months. Provided
Proviso. always that any Police Magistrate before whom any person is charged with committing either of the said offences, if he is of opinion that the offence is from any special circumstances connected therewith one which should be prosecuted by indictment, shall abstain from any adjudication thereupon,
LAWS OF BARBADOS
and shall deal with the case in all respects in the same manner as if he had no authority finally to hear and determine the same.
(Assented to Sth March 1890.) BARBADOS. An Act to amend An Act entitled, “ An Act
to remove doubts as to the jurisdiction of the Court of Chancery of this Island, and to make special provision with respect to lunatics and insane persons in certain cases"-passed on the 30th day of December 1871.
WHEREA S it is deemed expedient to
HEREAS it is deemed
amend the Act of this Island entitled, An Act to remove doubts as to the jurisdiction of the Court of Chancery of this Ísland, and to make special provision with respect to lunatics and insaue persons in certain cases, - passed on the 30th day of December 1871,-- in the manner hereinafter appearing ; Be it therefore enacted by the Governor, Council, and Assembly of this Island and by the authority of the
same, as follows; Section 2 of the 1. Section two of the said Act is hereby Act of 30th Decem- amended by inserting the word “five” in ber 1871 amended. line six thereof in place of the word “
one," and the words “ three hundred” in place of the word "sixty" occurring in line seven
thereof. Short titles and
2. The said Act of the thirtieth day of construction. December one thousand eight hundred and
seventy one may be cited for all purposes as “ The Chancery Jurisdiction Lunacy Act,
SESSION OF 1889-'90.
1871,” and this Act, may be cited for all purposes as “The Chancery Jurisdiction Lunacy Act, 1871, Amendment Act, 1890," and the said two Acts shall be read together as one Act.
(Assented to 8th March 1890.)
lishing of the debates of the Legislative
the authority of the same, as follows;
1. A sum not exceeding the sum of five А. sum not exhundred pounds shall be paid annually on ceeding £500 a year the warrant of the Governor-in-Executive to be paid for reCommittee for the reporting and printing porting and printin such manner as the Governor-in-Execu- ing debates of the
Legislature. tive Committee shall determine, the debates of the Legislative Council and the House of Assembly.
2. Every contract made by the Governor Contract to conin-Executive Committee for the reporting tain a clause that
either party may and printing of the debates of the Legisla
terminate the same tive Council and the House of Assembly on giving 6 months shall contain a time clause authorizing either notice. party to the contract to terminate the same at any time during its continuance on giving six months previous notice to the other party of their intention to do so.
3. This Act shall not come into operation Commencement until the first day of January one thousand of Act. eight hundred and ninety one.