« SebelumnyaLanjutkan »
profit to the engineer, and one peculiarly pleasing to those interested in the new industry now being developed; whilst the wholesome warnings against the inflated schemes of the company-monger-who is always to the fore on such occasions as the presenthave doubtless already saved, and should hereafter save, the pockets of many. Work such as that ranks as a public service.
It should be added that much useful information upon the subject of this volume may also be derived from the pages of other technical journals, and especially those entirely devoted to the subject of motor cars, some of which latter are in every way admirably conducted.
A. J. WALLIS-TAYLER.
323 HIGH HOLBORN, LONDON, W.C., April 1897.
1. Rhodes' Steam Road Carriage (1863)
2. Rhodes' Feed-Pump
3. Holt's Steam Road Carriage (1866)
4. Catley & Ayres' Steam Road Carriage (1869)
5. Serpollet's Steam Road Carriage
6. Serpollet Steam Generator (Transverse Section)
7. Serpollet Steam Generator (Longitudinal Section)
8. Jeantaud Steering Gear (Plan)
9. Jeantaud Steering Gear (Side View)
10. Le Blant's Steam Road Carriage (Plan)
II. Le Blant's Steam Road Carriage (Side Elevation)
12. Le Blant Wheel for Motor Cars
13. De Dion & Bouton Steam Road Car (Plan)
14. De Dion & Bouton Steam Road Car (Side Elevation)
15. De Dion & Bouton Transmission Gear (Sectional Eleva
16. De Dion & Bouton Transmission Gear (Side View of Wheel).
17. De Dion & Bouton Transmission Gear (Vertical Section
18. De Dion and Bouton Steam Generator (Sectional View)
19. Thornycroft's Steam Van .
20. Panhard-Levassor Road Motor Car (Side Elevation)
21. Panhard-Levassor Road Motor Car (Plan)
22. Peugeot Road Motor Carriage (Side Elevation)
23. Daimler Carburator
24. Daimler Carburator (Later Type)
25. Longuemarre Gasoline Burner
26. Peugeot Transmission Clutch
27. Arnold's (Benz) Oil Engine Road Carriage (Part Plan)
28. Lutzmann Motor Van
29. Petter, Hill, & Boll's Oil Motor Carriage (Plan)
33. Bollée Admission and Exhaust Valve for Internal Combustion Engines
34. Bollée Governing Arrangement for Internal Combustion
Engines (Front View) .
35. Bollée Governing Arrangement for Internal Combustion Engines (Side View)
36. Pennington's Internal Combustion Engine for Heavy Oils (Longitudinal Section).
37. Pennington's Internal Combustion Engine for Heavy Oils (Transverse Section)
38. Pennington's Internal Combustion Engine, with Combined
39. Kane-Pennington Gasoline or Explosive Engine (Plan)
41. Roots' Petroleum or Explosive Engine (Elevation)
43. Roots' Air-Heater for Petroleum or Explosive Engine
46. Roots' Petroleum Motor Tricycle (Plan) .
47. Roots' Governor for Petroleum or Explosive Engines
49. Modified Form of Roots' Governor for Petroleum or Explosive Engines (End View)
50. Roots' Vaporiser and Oil Feeder for Petroleum or Explo-
52. Modified Form of Roots' Oil Feeder (Elevation)
55. Roots' Reversible Valve-opening Mechanism for Petro
leum or Explosive Engines