« SebelumnyaLanjutkan »
ness, and in the Shadow of Death; to give Knowledge of Salvation unto his People by the Remis. sion of their Sins; and to guide our Feet into the Way of Peace.
Jesus is the true Light, which lighteth every Man which cometh into the World. Whosoever believeth on him, and followeth him, shall not walk in Darkness, but thall have the Light of Life.
w In every Thing we are enriched by him, in all Utterance and in all Knowledge ; the Eyes of our Understanding being enlightened, that we may know what is the Hope of his Calling, and what is the exceeding Greatness of his power to us-ward who believe. If any
y have not the Knowledge of God now, it is to their Shame. For all may know the Lord, from the least to the greatest; the only begotten Son, which is in the Bosom of the Father, he hath declared hiin.
y By the Gospel of Christ, which is come unto us, as it is in all the World, and wherein we have been instructed, we may increase in the Knowledge of God, and be filled with the Knowledge of his Will, in all Wisdom and Spiritual Undere ftanding.
2 The new Man, which we put on when we are risen with Christ, is renewed in Knowledge after the Image of him that created him.
a If we continue in his Word we shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall make us free.
Luke 1. 77, 79. .
u John 1. 9. John 12. 46. John 8. 12. X 1 Cor. 15. 34•
Heb ♡ i Cor. 1. 5. Eph. 1. 18, 19.
Luke 1. 4.
Col. 8. II.
y Col. 1, 5, 66 1. 10, 9. 2. Col. 3. 10, 1, 10. a John . 31, 32
John 1. 18.
• He hath assured us, that all manner of Sins shall be forgiven unto Men, if they repent and believe the Gospel.
Jesus Christ hath brought Life ard Immortality to Light through the Gospel.
d We know that our Labour shall not be in vain in the Lord ; and that if we faint not, and are not weary in Well-doing, in due Season we shall reap Life everlasting.
• The natural Man receiveth not the Things of the Spirit of God; for they are Foolishness unto him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned; but he that is fpiritual, judgeth all Things.
f The preaching of the Cross is to them that perish Foolishness; but unto us that are saved, it is the Power of God, and the Wisdom of God.
8 I count all Things but Loss for the Excellency of the Knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord.
RIGHTEOUSNESS and HOLINESS.
Through the Name of Jesus Christ, whosoever believeth in him fhall receive Remiffion of Sins: In whom we have Redemption through his Blood, even the Forgiveness of Sins, according to the Riches: of his Grace, wherein he hath abounded towards us." ;
i God having raised up his Son Jesus, sert him to bless us, in turning away every one of us from his Iniquities.
b Mat. 12. 31. Mark 1. 15.
c 2 Tim. 1. 10. di Cor. 15. 58. Gal. 6. 9, 8. e 1 Cor. 2: 14, 15.
f 1 Cor. 1. 18, 24.
& Phil. 3.
8. b. Acts 10. 43. Col. 1. 14. Eph. 1. 7, 8. i Acts 3. 26.
k For this Purpose the Son of God was mani. tested, that he might take away our Sins; destroy the Works of the Devil; and turn us from the Power of Satan unto God.
1 Our old Man is crucified with him, that the Body of Sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve Sin.
m The Sting of Death is Sin, and the Strength of Sin is the Law; but Thanks be to God who giveth us the Vi&tory, through our Lord Jesus Christ, whose Blood cleanseth us from all Sin.
* By Jesus Christ the Son of God, all that believe are justified from all Things, from which they could not be justified by the Law of Moses.
• As by the Offence of one, Judgment came upon all Men to Condemnation ; even so by the Righteousness of one, the free Gift came upon all Men unto Justification of Life.
P But not as the Offence, so also is the free Gift: For if through the Offence of one, many be dead ; inuch more the Grace of God, and the Gift by Grace, which is by one Man Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many; and the free Gift is of many Offences unto Juftification.
. There is therefore now no Condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the Flesh, but after the Spirit : For God is the Justifier of him which believeth in Jefus ; to whom his Faith is counted for Righteousness; and that freely by the Grace of God, through the Redemption that is in Jesus Christ.
John 3. 8, 5, 8: Acts 26. 18. I Rom. 6. 6. m 1 Cor. 15. 56, 57 1 Jolin 3. 7.
n Acts 13. 39, 33, 396
• Roma $. 18. P Röm. 5. 15; 16. 9.Rom. 8. I. 26. Rom. 4. 5. Rom. go 24..
Rom. 3. 253
• Therefore being justified by Faith, we have Peace with God through our Lord Jesus Chrift: And we, that were sometime alienated, and Ene
, mies in our Mind by wicked Works, are reconciled to God by the Death of his Son, by whom we have now received the Atonement.
' As by one Man's Disobedience many were made Sinners; so by the Obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
* Christ is the End of the Law for Righteousness, to every one that believeth, and doih not go about to establish his own Righteousness: For we are God's Workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good Works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
! We are washed, we are fan&tified in the Name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God; and being purged from our Sins, and having purified our Souls in obeying the Truth, he will prefent us holy, and unblameable, and unreproveable, in the Sight of God.
* If the Blood of Bulls and of Goats fanétified to the purifying of the Flesh, how much more shall the Blood of Christ, who offered himself without Spot to God, purge our Consciences from dead Works to serve the living God?
By the Will of God we are fanctified through the Offering of the Body of Jesus Christ. By. which Offering Christ hath perfected for ever
Rom. 5. I.
* Rom. Col. 1. 2I. Rom. 5. 19, 11. S. 19
ti Cor, 6. 11. Rom. 10. 4, 3.
Eph. 2. io. 2 Pet. 1. .
1 Pet. . 22. Col. . 22. w Heb. 9. 13, 14. Heb. 10. 10, 14.
them that are sanctified : So that those who are redeemed from among Men, are without Fault before the Throne of God; and are complete in Christ.
* Since by Man came Death, by Man came also the Resurrection of the Dead. For as in Adam all die, even fo in Christ shall all be inade alive.
y The Son of Man came not to destroy Mens Lives, but to save them ; who hath abolished Death through the Gospel.
z He came that we might have Life, and that we might have it more abundantly.
a Jesus is the Resurrection and the Life ; and because he liveth, we shall live also: For he which raised up the Lord Jesus, shall raise us up also by Jesus.
He wil ransom us from the Power of the Grave: He will redeem us from Death. O Death, he will be thy Plague! O Grave, he will be thy Destruction !
ç There Thall be a Resurrection of the Dead, both of the Just and Unjutt. And the Sea sball give up the Dead which are in it, and Death and Hell: lhall deliver up the Dead which are in them; and all that are in the Graves shall come forth. Then shall the Son of Man come with Power and great Glory, and he shall send his Angels, and
Rev. 14. 4, 5.
Col. 2. 10.), x 1 Cor. 15. 21, 22, Y Luke 9. 56.
2 Tim. I. JO. z John 10. 10. 11. 25.
b John 14. 19. 2 Cor. 4. 14.
Horea 13. 14. C Acts 24. 15.
Rev. 20. 13.