« SebelumnyaLanjutkan »
The general railroad acts passed in the years 1895, 1896 and 1897 are interleaved in this edition, and are not included in the syllabus on pages 3-7, nor in the index on pages 117-132; but a schedule of these acts by their titles, with a reference to the interleaved page, will be found on pages 115 and 116.
Massachusetts. Laws, statuates, etc.
PROVISIONS OF THE PUBLIC STATUTES
WITH SUBSEQUENT LEGISLATION TO AND
INCLUDING THE YEAR
COMPILED BY THE BOARD OP RAILROAD COMMISSION ERS.
18 Post OFFICE SQUARE.
GENERAL RAILROAD LAW OF 1882
ADDITIONAL AND AMENDING STATUTES.
PUBLIC STATUTES, CHAPTER 112.
24. Penalty for refusal to submit books, etc. 1. Definition of words and phrases.
25. Board may summon witnesses. Attend. 2. Application to certain matters arising in city
ance, how compelled, etc. of Boston,
26. to prescribe form of annual return and
furnish blanks. When to transmit its report. CORPORATIONS SUBJECT TO THIS CHAPTER.
(Sts. 1889, c. 328, $ 2; 1893, c. 144.) 3. Corporations established in this state by
STATE DIRECTORS. special act or under general law. 4. chartered by concurrent legislation of this 27. State directors to make annual report, etc. and other states.
eligibility to office of. 5. or trustees operating roads of other cor
SPECIAL CHARTERS. porations.
29. Petition for special charter. RIGHTS RESERVED BY COMMONWEALTH.
30. Plans and profiles. 6. Reserved rights of commonwealth not im. / 31. Publication of notice.
32. Provisions of charter, etc. paired. May alter, amend, repeal, etc. 7. Commonwealth may purchase rond after 33. Route, location and construction. twenty years from its opening.
FORMATION OF CORPORATIONS UNDER THE 8. may take road at any time, giving one
GENERAL LAW. year's notice.
34. Twenty-five or more persons may form a BOARD OF RAILROAD COMMISSIONERS.
railroad corporation. 9. Railroad commissioners and clerk.
Articles of Association, Corporate Name, pointment, tenure of office, etc.
Directors, etc. 10. Salaries, expenses, etc.
35. Articles of association. (St8. 1885, c. 119; 1890, C. 200.) 11. Accountant.
36. Corporate name, directors, etc. (Sts. 1885, c. 164; 1885, c. 224.)
37. Directors to publish articles before pro. 12. Salaries and expenses, how borne and ap
ceeding to fix route. portioned.
Fizing the Route.
38. General Powers and Duties of Board.
to prepare map of route, obtain report of
engineer, ete. 13. Board to make annual report.
(St. 1882, c. 265, $$ 1, 3, 5.) 14.
to have supervision of railroads, etc. 39. to submit map and report to mayor and 15. to see that laws are complied with.
aldermen and selectmen. 16. to inform corporations of necessary im. 40. Route may be agreed on. provements, changes, etc.
41. otherwise, may be fixed by board. 17. to examine condition of road on complaint | 42. may include spurs, branches, etc. of city or town authorities, etc.
43. Articles of association, certificates, etc., to 18. to investigate causes of accidente.
be submitted to board. 19. to be furnisbed with information as to condition, management, etc., of roads.
Certificate of Incorporation. 20. advice of, not to impair corporate duties 44. Board to certify that requirements of law and obligations.
have been complied with, etc. Articles and 21. to examine books, accounts, etc.
certificates to be filed with secretary of com22.
on request, etc., to ascertain and publish monwealth, who shall issue certificate of in. financial condition."
corporation. Form and record of same. to have access to list of stockholders, etc.
(St. 1882, c. 265, $ 2.)