« SebelumnyaLanjutkan »
“An Act to Amend Chapter 89 of the Acts of 1924, entitled, “An Act to Enable the Town of Lockeport to Borrow Money to Erect, Construct, Acquire or Purchase a System for the Transmission and Distribution of Electri
cal Power or Energy.”
(Passed the 15th day of March, A. D. 1926.)
Be it enacted by the Governor, Council and Assembly, as follows:
Chapter 89 of the Acts of 1924 is amended by inserting between Sections 1 and 2 thereof the following section:
May transmit, sell, etc., power outside town.
1-4. The Town of Lockeport is authorized and empowered to transmit, distribute and sell Electrical Power or energy outside the said Town within a distance of ten miles from the boundaries thereof.
Act effective from May 9, 1924.
2. This Act shall be deemed to be in force and to have effect on, from and after the 9th day of May, 1924.
An Act Relating to Street and Sidewalk Funds in the
Town of New Waterford.
(Passed the 15th day of March, A. D. 1 26.)
Whereas the Town of New Waterford is authorized and empowered by Chapter 117 of the Acts of 1914 to borrow by way of debentures and upon the credit of the Town, the sum of twenty-five thousand dollars for the following purposes namely, that is to say:
(a) the sum of ten thousand dollars for a sewerage system;
(b) the sum of five thousand dollars for permanent sidewalks;
(c) the sum of five thousand dollars for permanent streets;
(d) the sum of four thousand dollars for fire equipment, and
(e) the sum of one thousand dollars for furnishing a council chamber;
And Whereas, Town debentures, bearing date the 25th day of May, A. D. 1917, were issued and sold for the full amount of the sum authorized by said Act and a due proportionate part of the proceeds from the
a sale of said debentures was set aside for the purpose of constructing permanent streets and sidewalks in said Town;
AND WHEREAS, no permanent sidewalks have been constructed in said Town as contemplated by said Act, and there is at present on deposit in the Royal Bank of Canada at New Waterford the sum of four thousand seven hundred and five dollars and eighty-four cents to the credit of the Town sidewalk account, as also the sum of two thousand two hundred and eighty-one dollars and eighty-one cents to the credit of the Town street account, said sums being the full amount and the balance respectively of the proceeds of said debentures set aside for the construction of permanent sidewalks and streets in said Town under the provisions of said Act;
AND WHEREAS, it is deemed expedient and advisable that the construction of permanent sidewalks in said Town be deferred indefinitely, and that the said sums of money on deposit as aforesaid to the credit of sidewalk and street accounts be used and applied for the purpose of constructing a permanent bridge over Barrachois Brook on the public street known as “County Road” and near No. 12 Colliery in said Town;
BE IT THEREFORE ENACTED by the Governor, Council and Assembly as follows:
16-17 GEO. V.
Amount to credit of Side
be used to construct bridge
That notwithstanding anything in Chapter 117 walk and Street of the Acts of 1914, the Town of New Waterford is
hereby authorized and empowered to use and apply over Barrachois the said sums of money borrowed under the provisions
of said Act and set aside out of the proceeds of said
Expenditure valid and lawful.
2. The use and expenditure of the said sums of money for the purposes mentioned in Section 1 of this Act shall be deemed to be as valid and as lawful as if the same were used and applied for the purposes mentioned in clause (b) and clause (c) of Section 1 of Chapter 117 of the Acts of 1914.
Treasurer to 3. The said sums of money now on deposit in the
Royal Bank of Canada at New Waterford to the
Ratepayers to approve.
4. This act shall not take effect until the same is adopted by a meeting of ratepayers of the Town duly convened in accordance with the provisions of Sections 142 and 143 of “The Towns' Incorporation
5. A certificate under the hand of the Mayor and Town Clerk, and the corporate seal of the Town of New Waterford of a resolution passed under the next preceding Section of this Act, shall be conclusive evidence of the adoption of this Act, and the passing of the resolution provided for in said Section.
An Act to Enable the Town of New Waterford to
(Passed the 15th day of March, A. D. 1926.)
Be it enacted by the Governor Council and Assembly as follows:
The Town of New Waterford is authorized Purpose of and empowered to borrow, upon the credit of said Town, a sum of money not to exceed Fifteen Thousand Dollars ($15,000.00) for the purpose of completing the sewerage system at present partly constructed in said Town.
For the purpose of effecting said loan, the Coun-Debentures cil of the said Town is empowered to make and issue, subject to the provisions of "The Municipal Debentures' Act” 1923 and amendments thereto, debentures each in the sum of One Hundred Dollars or any multiple thereof, bearing interest at such rate, not exceeding six per centum per annum, as the Council shall by resolution determine, and redeemable at a period not exceeding twenty years from the date of the issue thereof.
3. Such debentures shall form a lien upon and be Lien. charged upon all the property liable to taxation within the Town of New Waterford, and all the revenues of the Town.
4. The Council of the said Town shall annually add to the amount of the estimates to be levied upon the Town for general purposes, a sum sufficient to pay the annual interest accruing upon the money's borrowed under the authority of this Act, and such sum shall be rated and collected in the same manner and with the same remedies as other rates and taxes in said Town are rated and collected.
5. The money borrowed under the provisions of Money, bow
. this Act shall be paid into the hands of the Treasurer of the Town of New Waterford, and shall be by him
paid out for the purpose mentioned in this Act, as the
6. In order to provide a sinking fund for the payment of the debentures authorized to be issued under this Act, the Council of the Town of New Waterford shall annually include in the estimates of the sums required for the purposes of the said Town, such sums, as may, by resolution, be determined by the Council not, however, to be less than seven per cent. of the amount borrowed under the provisions of this Act and to be sufficient to retire the said debentures when the same are due and such sums shall be rated and collected in the same manner and with the same remedies as other rates and taxes.
Ratepayers to approve.
7. This Act shall not take effect until the same is adopted by a ratepayers' meeting of the Town duly convened in accordance with the provisions of Sections 142 and 143 of the Towns' Incorporation Act.
8. A certificate under the hands of the Mayor and Town Clerk, and under the corporate seal of the Town of New Waterford, of a resolution passed under the next preceding section of this Act, shall be conclusive evidence of the adoption of this Act, and of the passing of the resolution provided for in said section.