« SebelumnyaLanjutkan »
An Act to amend Chapter 13, Acts of 1907, entitled
WHEREAS, a certain agreement entered into between Preamble. the government of Nova Scotia and the Margaree Coal and Railway Company, Limited, dated the 19th day of April, 1907, was ratified and confirmed by chapter 13, of the acts of the legislature of Nova Scotia for the year 1907;
And whereas, it is expedient that certain conditions and provisions in said agreement mentioned should be changed and others substituted therefor, and that the time for completing the undertakings of the company under said agreement should be extended;
And whereas, an Order-in-Council, dated the 27th day of March, 1909, was approved and passed by the government of Nova Scotia to give effect thereto;
And whereas, the terms and conditions of the changes in the said provisions and conditions of said agreement, and the substitution of others therefor, and the enlargement of the time for completing the undertakings of the said company, under said agreement, have been settled and agreed upon in and by the said Orderin-Council, and it is expedient that the same should be adopted, ratified and confirmed by said legislature;
Be it therefore enacted by the Governor, Council, and Assembly, as follows:
1. That the said Order-in-Council be, and the same Order-inis, hereby adopted, ratified and confirmed, and the firmed. Commissioner of Public Works and Mines is hereby authorized to enter into an agreement as representing
His Majesty the King in respect to his Province of Nova Scotia with the said Margaree Coal and Railway Company, Limited, to give effect to the exteasion, modifications, substitution and conditions mentioned in the said Order-in-Council.
An Act to amend Chapter 1 of the Acts of 1908, “The
Registration of Births and Deaths Act.”
(Passed the 23rd day of April A. D. 1909.)
1908, added to.
26. 11. Section 28 amended. 12. Sub-section 1 of section 34
amended, 13. Schedule "A" amended. 14. Schedule “B” amended. 15. Schedule "C" struck out,
Be it enacted by the Governor, Council, and Assemhly, as follows:
1. Section 7 of chapter 1 of the acts of 1908, "The Registration of Births and Deaths Act,” is amended by adding at the end thereof the words "and for purposes of reference the register shall cause copies of all such certified returns to be prepared, arranged, indexed and bound."
Section 8 of
2. Section 8 of said Chapter is amended by adding at the end thereof the following words: “and the district registrar shall keep in a place of safety a duplicate of said returns on the schedule provided therefor.”
3. Section 9 of said Chapter is amended by striking out the words “return of every death,” in the third line, and substituting therefor the words "returns of deaths."
4. Section 13 of said chapter is amended by strik- Section, 18. ing out the letter "N," in the eleventh line thereof, and substituting therefor the letter “A.”
5. Section 21 of said chapter is amended by adding Section 21
( at the end thereof the following words: whether the same occurred before or after the coming into operation of this act."
6. Section 25 of said chapter is amended by in- Section ?
amended. serting the words, “In any city or incorporated town before the words “No removal," at the beginning thereof.
Sub-section added to sec
7. The following sub-section is added to said section 25.—“ (2) In places other than cities and incorpora- tion 26. ted towns the procuring of such certificate shall not be necessary, but in such cases the clergyman, minister, undertaker, sexton or other person who buries or assists in burying or performs any funeral or religious service for the burial of the dead body of any person, shall make a return thereof in the form “E”, in the schedule of this act, to the district registrar of the district in which the death took place, within seven days after such burial.” 8. Section 26, sub-section 1, is amended by insert- Subsection 1
section 26, ing the words, “In any city or incorporated town” amended. before the words “No undertaker," at the beginning thereof.
9. Sub-section 2 of section 26 is amended by in-section serting the words, “In any city or incorporated townı " amended. before the words “Every such undertaker," at the beginning thereof.
. 10. The following sub-section is added to said added to sec. section 26:-
(3) In places other than cities and incorporated towns the undertaker or owner of any cemetry or burial ground, whether public or private, or any clergyman or person or persoas having charge of a church to which a burial ground is attached, shall, on or before the first days of January, April, July
and October in each year, present to the district registrar of the district in which the cemetery or burial ground is situated, a list of the burials during the previous three months, up to and including the last day of the month next preceding, giving the names of the persons whose bodies were therein buried and the dates on which they were buried, and stating whether or not a certificate of registration was secured before such burial.
11. Section 28 of said chapter is amended by striking out the words, “ After notice given by three insertions in the Royal Gazette,” in the second and third lines thereof, and inserting in lieu thereof the words, "After such notice as may be required by the Registrar.
12. Sub-section 1 of section 34 of said chapter is amended by striking out the word “annually," in the second line thereof, and substituting therefor the word “quarterly."
13. Schedule “A” to said chapter is amended by striking out the figures “12,” at the beginning thereof, and substituting therefor the figures “13," and by striking out the line, “ Date of Birth,” in said schedule, and substituting therefor the words “Date and Place of Birth."
Schedule "B" amended.
14. Schedule “B” in said chapter is aniended by striking out the figures “13,” at the beginning of said schedule, and substituting therefor the figures 14.”
15. Schedule “C” to said chapter is struck out other substi- and the following substituted therefor: