"Creswell's Research Design is an accessible and useful book that stimulates students through walk through experiences, use of exercises, and production of actual writing samples. It is a book that models the types of issues that best suit different approaches and allows students to understand when to use mixed methods. Furthermore, its focus on theory and paradigms is done in a way that helps students decode their meaning."
—MARTHA MONTERO-SIEBURTH, University of Massachusetts, Boston
New to the Second Edition:
- Because mixed methods research has come into its own since the publication of the first edition, every chapter now shows how to implement a mixed methods design in your proposal or plan as well as showing how to implement qualitative and quantitative approaches
- Ethical issues that may arise in quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods designs have been added to a new section in Chapter 3
- Writing tips and considerations have been expanded and moved to the first part of the book to get your research plan started in the right direction
- The latest developments in qualitative inquiry, including advocacy, participatory, and emancipatory approaches have been added to Chapter 10
- Mixed methods procedures (Chapter 11) show readers how to identify types of mixed methods strategy, select data collection and analysis approaches, and plan the overall structure of the study