Maps API Premier SLA. Google shall use all reasonable commercial efforts to ensure that the Maps API web interface is operating and available to Customers 99.9% of the time in any calendar month. In the event Customer experiences any of the service performance issues defined below due to Google's failure to provide Services, Customer will be eligible to receive the Service Credits described below (the "Maps API SLA").
Definitions. The following definitions shall apply to the Maps API SLA.
- "Downtime" means, for a domain, if average latency is greater than three seconds. Downtime is measured based on server side error rate.
- "Downtime Period" means, for a domain, a period of ten consecutive minutes of Downtime. Intermittent Downtime for a period of less than ten minutes will not be counted towards any Downtime Periods.
- "Monthly Uptime Percentage" means total number of minutes in a calendar month minus the number of minutes of Downtime suffered from all Downtime Periods in a calendar month, divided by the total number of minutes in a calendar month.
- "Scheduled Downtime" means those times where Google notifies Customers of periods of Downtime five days prior to the commencement of such Downtime. There will be no more than twelve hours of Scheduled Downtime per calendar year. Scheduled Downtime is not considered Downtime for purposes of this Maps API Premier SLA, and will not be counted towards any Downtime Periods.
- "Domain" means the website associated with an individual Maps API key, for example www.google.com.
- "Service" means the Google Maps API road and satellite imagery provided by Google to You under the Google Maps API Premier Edition Agreement. Geocoding features of the Maps API are not covered herein.
- "Service Credit" means: (a) three days of Service added to the end of Your term for the Service, at no charge to You, if the Monthly Uptime Percentage for any calendar month is between 99.0% and 99.9%; or (b) seven days of Service added to the end of Your term for the Service, at no charge to You, if the Monthly Uptime Percentage for any calendar month is between 99.0% and 95.0 %; or (c) fifteen days of Service added to the end of Your term for the Service, at no charge to You, if the Monthly Uptime Percentage for any calendar month is less than 95.0%.
Customer Must Request Service Credit. In order to receive any of the Service Credits described above, Customer must notify Google within thirty (30) days from the time Customer becomes eligible to receive a Service Credit. Failure to comply with this requirement will forfeit Customer's right to receive a Service Credit.
Maximum Service Credit. The aggregate maximum number of Service Credits to be issued by Google to Customer for any and all Downtime Periods that occur in a single calendar month shall not exceed fifteen days of Service added to the end of Your term for the Service. Service Credits may not be exchanged for, or converted to, monetary compensation.
Maps API SLA Exclusions. The Maps API SLA does not apply to any service(s) that expressly exclude this Maps API SLA (as stated in the documentation for such services) and any performance issues: (i) caused by factors outside of Google's reasonable control; (ii) that resulted from any actions or inactions of Customer or any third parties; or (iii) that resulted from Customer's equipment and/or third party equipment (not within the primary control of Google). This Maps API SLA states Customer's sole and exclusive remedy for any failure by Google to provide the Service.